Liberals love taxing and spending other people’s money… but when it comes to their own, they have as a low a tolerance for taxation as the most rabid of libertarians. A case in point is Brown University, which is in a tizzy over a proposed $300 head tax on out-of-state students in local colleges and universities. This reminds us of the NIMBYs – those folks who support new malls, office centers, and other developments as long as it is Not In My Back Yard. The same attitude apparently seems to apply to liberals and taxation. Some colorful conservative takes on such brazen hypocrisy are available here and here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House