Forget the gargantuan 10-year, $1 trillion cost of health care reform at the national level, Gov. Don Carcieri is worried about unfunded mandates that could be passed down to Rhode Island, according to the Providence Journal. With rising state deficits approaching a combined $1 billion from 2011 to 2014, he has reason to be concerned. The governor also warns that new health care legislation could undo some of the flexibility the state was given through a Global Medicaid Waiver, something OSPRI has supported. For our research in this area, click here. A summary is also available here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House