The U.S. Left says we should be more like the Europeans. Well, Switzerland is one European country that does not have a public option and still manages to achieve near-universal health care, according to the New York Times. But others have suggested that consumer choice, competition, and other market-mechanisms are what make the Swiss system work–in spite of a national mandate to buy health insurance and other governmental controls. For more, click here and here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House