As mentioned before on this blog, Gov. Don Carcieri called out the federal government on the hidden, unfunded mandates that could be passed down to the states if health care reform passes. Now, the Providence Journal reports that he has become a spokesman for other GOP governors with similar concerns. One reason Rhode Island stands out in this health care debate is that it is the only state with a Global Medicaid Waiver, which allows it more leeway to pursue innovative Medicaid programs.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House