Supply-side economists are famously associated with the saying that “a rising tide lifts all boats.” At its simplest, the thinking goes as follows: tax cuts keep more money in the economy, allowing for more investment in businesses, leading to more job creation. But Rhode Island seems to have adopted almost the reverse philosophy – literally, if one writer in the Providence Journal has her way. Here is her letter calling for a sales tax on yachts. Ed Achorn also mentions this issue in his most recent column.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House