The largest state employees union has done the only sensible thing: accepted the governor’s plan for eight furlough days this year and four next year, intended to plug a $67.8 million state budget deficit. The alternative was 1,000 layoffs. The Providence Journal has the story.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House