The Providence Journal published a story in its print edition about concerns the Foundation for Intellectual Diversity raised over the hiring of Chinua Achebe, a radical postcolonial professor from Nigeria who claimed the classic work, Heart of Darkness, celebrates the dehumanization of Africans. Achebe claims this is not an isolated instance, but rather a reflection of unconscious, systemic attitudes among Westerners toward Africa. To read him in his own words, click here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House