More than six months after its passage, most funds from the economic stimulus program have failed to reached their intended destination. One local example is West Warwick and Coventry, where officials are still waiting for a combination of state and federal funds for road projects, according to this local news report. Nationwide, only $151.4 million, or 19 percent, of the total $787 billion had been spent by the end of August, according to this White House report. If there ever were something that deserved to be called trickle-down economics, this is it.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House