The below-mentioned article on The Learning Community charter school in Central Falls contains this priceless nugget of double-speak from a public school principal. Sharon Cabral, who heads up the Robertson Elementary School, wants us all to “get past the notion that charter schools are better.” But then, in virtually the next breath, she concedes that “the charter has a reading initiative that really works.” So, doesn’t that make the charter better, at least in terms of its reading program?
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House