The Foundation for Intellectual Diversity and some conservative students have launched a campaign to bring ROTC back to Brown University. ROTC lost its standing on campus as the anti-war movement swept the campus during the Vietnam War. In the past decade, there have been several attempts to return ROTC, to no avail. But the movement now seems to be gaining momentum. The Brown Daily Herald recently published a poll showing that a plurality of students support the move. The Herald followed up with an editorial endorsing it. A new student group, Students for ROTC, has been formed to champion this issue. Their online petition is available here. For further reading, click here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House