It’s just ‘mostly free’ according to the annual Index of Economic Freedom published by The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal. The index measures economic freedom in 10 categories, including property rights, financial freedom, trade restrictions, and government spending. According to its calculations, the United States suffered the greatest drop in freedom among the top 20 economies in the world, dipping by nearly 3 point to a rank of 78 out of 100 . For more on the state of economic freedom in this country, click here. For two short synopses of the study click here and here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House