The day after proposing a 12 percent rate hike for customers, the Bristol County Water Authority held an awards banquet for its 34 employees—who, we might add, were all due for at least 3 percent raises this year and one week of sick time for each year of employment. The event cost 3,378.53 dollars—still why not just hand out the awards at the regular water authority board meetings, instead of having a banquet? And don’t those raises and extra sick time count as enough of a reward?? At least someone is standing up for taxpayers: earlier this week the Barrington Town Council called the water authority to task over its banquet and other questionable expenditures.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House