After the Federal Reserve poured between $6.4 trillion and $8.3 trillion into the economy, inflation seems inevitable. But not to worry, once again the Federal Reserve is coming to the rescue. The Fed has this nifty new tool that allows it to pay interest on cash reserves that private banks park at the central bank. That’s supposedly going to prevent the inflationary tide. Just one little problem: aren’t the banks supposed to be lending excess cash so businesses can expand and the economy can recover?
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House