Somehow, the mayors of Warwick and Cranston seem to do just fine without police escorts, so we wonder why Providence Mayor David Cicilline needs not one, not two, but four city police officers to shadow him around all day—from his pre-dawn workout to diners in city nightclubs—costing a total of half a million dollars. Watch the mayor try to punt the question to the city police chief in this latest Hummel Report video. Remember, this is the same mayor who has criticized Gov. Carcieri for proposing cuts in state aid to towns and cities. Under the plan, Providence stood to lose about $22 million in state funding. Well, now we know the city could at least do without at least $500,000 of that.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House