After creating a new $1.1 trillion entitlement program that will fundamentally restructure one sixth of our economy, you would think the Democrats would take a break from any more really, really BIG, society-altering initiatives, for at least a few months. One would think. But soon after the passage of the health care bill, we saw a news headline about a major climate bill. Then something else about a bevy of major new financial regulations. So why not Social Security reform while you’re at it? And, after all that, reforming immigration and providing amnesty to as many as 20 million illegal immigrants should be a piece of cake. How much angrier could those Tea Party radicals get? Oh, and don’t forget that we still have two wars to run in the Middle East, peace to make between Israel and Palestine, and a new strategic arms reduction treaty to hash out with Russia. Easy peasy.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House