As The Heritage Foundation noted, Nancy Pelosi said we needed to pass the health care bill so we that we could find out what was actually in it, and well, now we are. indeed learning a lot more about how harmful this bill will be. Earlier this month, Catepillar announced that the health care bill would add $100 million to its bottom line and now AT&T says that it will cost the company $1 billion because the new law does not allow it to deduct what it spends on prescription drug benefits to retirees from what it pays in taxes. As a result, AT&T may drop the benefit. Good one Democrats! The Heritage Foundation is keeping a running tallying of these unintended consquences of the health care bill on a special section of its blog. For more on the issue of increased costs for companies, click here and here.
- Deepwater forgot to read PBN
- Windy Pork
- Just in (no surprise): voters want more choice and accountability in education
- Another low ranking for RI
- Tax Day Rally
- Somebody has to sell it
- In case you missed it, and so you don’t
- Too risky for me but not for thee?
- ‘There are lies, damn lies – and statistics.’
- From our friends in the US House